Does Applying Glitter Nail Polish Frustrates You?
DIY manicures save you time and money. You don’t need to go to a nail technician every time you want a change of nail style. All you have to do is look for tutorials online. Yet, there are some techniques that only professionals have knowledge of, and applying glitter nail polish is one of them!
You might have been frustrated with glitter nail polish before. No matter how many times you apply this nail polish it didn’t come out as good as it looks in the magazines. The reason? You’re doing it wrong! Glitter nail polish application is different from regular nail polish. So if you want to do it right next time, follow this step-by-step instruction.
Things to Prepare:
- Glitter nail polish of your choice
- Clear base coat
- Liquid latex
- Quick-dry top coat
- Cosmetic sponge
- Use a base coat on your nails to prevent stain and damage to your nails.
- Apply liquid later on the skin around your nails for easy removal of excess polish.
- Brush glitter nail polish on the makeup sponge, preferably the edge. The sponge will absorb most of the nail polish leaving only the glitter behind. Application of the glitter polish will be more opaque this way.
- Pat the sponge in your nail until you have achieved that heaviness that you want.
- Remove the dried latex.
- Brush nails with quick-dry top coat to seal in the glitter.
- And you’re all done!
Glitter nail polish done the right way!
You can also watch the video below.