How To Make Stamping Decals
If you already get the hang of stamping nail art then, it’s time to learn reverse stamping. Unlike the usual stamping of images to nails with the help of a stamper and stamping nail polish, reverse stamping is creating stamping nail decals that you can stick to your nails.
You’ll need the following: slow-drying top coat, stamper, stamping plate, white stamping nail polish, and nail polish in colors that you like. For the tools, you’re going to use tweezers, dotting tool, and small scissors.
Since you are still a beginner on the reverse stamping nail design, it is recommended that you follow the instructions to the letter. Here are the steps for you to follow:
- Apply white stamping nail polish to your clean stamping plate, scrape and pick up the image with a stamper.
- Coat image with slow-drying top coat. Let it dry.
- Dip the dotting tool in the nail polish color that you like and dab on the image in the stamper.
- Make sure that the polish is completely dry before proceeding to next step.
- Lift the decal gently from the stamper with tweezers. Flip the decal over to see the stamping design on the other side.
- Coat your nail with your base color and let it dry a bit. The base color should be gluey enough before you stick on the decal. Press the decal gently on your nail so it rests flatly.
- Trim excess decals with the scissors. Thoroughly clean the skin around the nail with brush dipped in Acetone. Seal decals with fast drying top coat.
Share your thoughts on this tutorial by leaving a comment below.